We want you to know that we are committed to delivering on your 2020 Friend of the Fair benefits and will update this page with details as they become available.
Here are answers to important questions regarding the cancellation of the fair and 2020 Friends of the Fair memberships:
I have a 2020 Friend of the Fair membership, now what?
First, thank you! We truly appreciate that you chose to donate to the Minnesota State Fair Foundation as a Friend of the Fair and we are committed to providing you with your 2020 benefits.
Because this year will be different than what we all were planning for, we have two options to offer to our 2020 Friends of the Fair:
- Receive your 2020 Friends of the Fair benefits with the following adjustments:
- 2020 Friends of the Fair Ribbon
- 2020 Annual Friends of the Fair Pin, with no option of receiving a Blue Ribbon Bargain Book this year
- 20% discount code to the State FairWear online store
- The State Fair admission tickets that come with your 2020 membership will be mailed to you in August 2021 and honored at the 2021 State Fair (Yellow Ribbon memberships and above)
- Friends of the Fair presale access for the shows already announced as well as shows announced for the 2021 State Fair (Red Ribbon memberships and above)
- Waive your 2020 Friends of the Fair benefits so the full amount of your membership supports the Foundation and State Fair during this time. The amount associated with the waived benefits would become tax deductible to you.
A survey was emailed to all current Friends of the Fair to let us know which option you prefer. If we do not hear from you, we will plan to provide the benefits described above with the exception of the admission tickets which will be mailed in August 2021. Please feel free to call us with any questions at 651-288-4325.
What happens if I made a 2020 Friends of the Fair contribution recently or make one now?
This will still count as a 2020 Friend of the Fair membership and you will receive the Friends of the Fair benefits. We are working on a way to fulfill membership benefits and will be in touch as soon as we have everything finalized. The deadline to become a 2020 Friend of the Fair is July 31, 2020.
Can my membership be refunded?
Each Friends of the Fair membership includes a charitable contribution, and as such, cannot be refunded.
I am a Grand Champion Friend of the Fair for 2020. Will there still be Grand Champion Events?
Yes! We will be holding our first virtual Grand Champion event on Tuesday, June 16! You should have received your invitation via email. If you have not, please contact us.
Thank you again for being a 2020 Friend of the Fair, even during a historic year with no Minnesota State Fair. With your support, we can help the Fair weather this storm.
We will add more information to this page as details are confirmed. Thank you for everything you are doing and have done for the Minnesota State Fair.